Thread: Strategies
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 02:49 AM   #22
DaleBraun

Default Re: Strategies

I used to "play to win and damn the consequences", until I realized how much fun I was missing out. Now I'm more experienced (OLDER), and I play to PLAY. By that, I mean I do my best, but I leave the obnoxious competitiveness at the door. It really came in handy while trying to teach my young children how to play with good sportsmanship: not lording it over the losers, or getting upset during gameplay if it's obvious you're not winning. I love gaming, I love the variety I get with my gaming group (props to Alan Anderchuk, Mike Piazza, Chris Pond & Greg Hetrick), and I love the camaraderie! Who cares in the long run who won or lost? Did you have fun playing? All the good-natured ribbing about how the game is progressing, and who forgot the house rule of "no bean products before game night"...

Competitiveness is for tournaments and politics.

SJGames, thanks for the years of great quirky games that have endured. And kudos on changing the business model of CCGs from foil packs of 5 cards to genre-jumping expansion box sets of 100+ cards!! I swore I'd never get hooked on a CCG like MtG, and yet I have SO many versions of Munchkin, Illuminati, and that "Killer Bunnies who shall not be named" company's product!

As Eddie Murphy said... "You got me with my mouth open"
DaleBraun is offline   Reply With Quote