View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 12:10 PM   #68
crimhead

Default Re: Munchkin Quest 3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
I really can't stress enough how important it is to use the defined game terms; as soon as you start bringing in your own vocabulary, you risk confusing people.
Sorry Andrew. And you're absolutely correct.

I thought I'd remembered seeing the term 'magic passageway' in the glossary additions, but on closer look what I has seen was "magical passageway", and it is in the definition of 'portal', not a term on it's own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Zero, because there are no links called that in the game. They're Portals.
Case and point about confusion, I didn't mean to be asking about the the number of portal links, but rather the number of pairs of matching portal links.

The wording is actually quite confusing as written in the rules, at least to me. The glossary recursively defines a portal as a magic passageway between rooms with matching portals attached. If there are two matching portal links in play, there could be up to four "magical passageways from one room to another with a matching portal attached".

It seems the word 'portal' is used ambiguously to mean both a type of link and an interaction between links. This is bound to cause confusion I think.

I guess the best way to have asked my question would be 'how many matches were in play'?

Last edited by crimhead; 11-09-2010 at 03:00 PM.
crimhead is offline   Reply With Quote