View Single Post
Old 01-17-2019, 04:33 PM   #20
industrialchild

Default Re: Roleplaying experiences without a GM in Car Wars?

Holy cow!!!!

@43Supporter, Blue Ghost, philreed, swordtart, Tom H. and owenmp- You guys are awesome!!!

First off, you guys inspired me to invest 47 buckaroos into some Car Wars PDFs at Warehouse 23! :D

Here's what I got...Car Wars Deluxe (gotta have that Compendium...the extra counters, roads and maps don't hurt either!) Convoy, Mean Streets, Car Wars Expansion Set 6 (me and my mother recently got into "adult coloring" and I can't wait to spend some time with her and some gel pens to give these counters the royal treatment!), The AADA Vehicle Guide, Expansion Set 8 (Chopper Challenge!), Autoduel Quarterly, 2/1 and 2/2 (thanks to Owen!)

I will later down the line try and seek out printed copies of those gamebooks that 43Supporter and Owen mentioned! I tell you, they had some amazing games back when. I'm glad there's been a resurgence in gamebooks in general and I own some of them. There's nothing quite like a good one! That's something that I, unfortunately, couldn't take advantage of in my youth but I'm glad to learn of them and partake in some adventures! Great stuff!

This new Car Wars stuff will definitely keep me busy for a good while and I can't wait to check out Convoy and Mean Streets! All of you have been extremely helpful with your knowledge and insights regarding this type of game experience.

I'm definitely new to this type of game but I'm glad I took the time to learn Classic and it's been very rewarding to say the least! It's amazing to me that a game like this and Ogre (which I also love!) exists and has so for so long.

Thanks everyone and if Convoy and Mean Streets sparks any ideas with how to do the GMless RPGish game, I won't be a stranger! :)

Last edited by industrialchild; 01-17-2019 at 05:17 PM.
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote