View Single Post
Old 01-31-2018, 02:51 AM   #364
Icelander

Default Re: Grenade Launcher Acc and Granularity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsdad View Post
I have to say with inclusion of time to target rules I have no issue upping the acc of such weapons, since in use they will be effected by them more than most weapons. (and TBF those weapon's stats predate the rules, and as you say may well have been written to reflect the effects that these weapons suffer under flight time)
Yes, I suspect that many weapon stats that deviate from the rough equivalency of MOA = Acc are accounting for other factors.

Like the Acc 6 of .50 BMG rifles, when they aren't any more mechanically accurate than the average hunting rifle. It's meant to reflect the longer effective range of the weapon, as the large projectiles lose energy much more slowly than most lighter bullets.

Quote:
The 22+ 2xAcc rule is ultimately a game system simplification and was never intended to be a definitive model for RL ballistics for all projectile weapons. So I don't really have mush issue bending them to match RL results especially in specific and unusual cases like this.
Just so.

Quote:
Also it should be said it doesn't remove luck from the equation, that chest at 150 yards anecdote could have involved luck as well as skill! (I'm assuming that was in combat)
No, these are training standards. A good grenade man ought to be able to hit the center of a man-sized target's chest at 100 yards with his first shot, according to one interview, and keep hitting it with all his subsequent shots. A great one can do it by feel at 150 yards (probably would be represented with 1 second of Aiming rather than 3).

SEALs take their M79s seriously. Which I can understand, the Thumper having been a great force multiplier for small units for a very long time, with a lot of SEAL lore attached to it.