View Single Post
Old 06-06-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
Crakkerjakk
"Gimme 18 minutes . . ."

Default Re: Economy wrecking spells?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawsplay View Post
If.

Why would they? They presuppose more than one or two individuals with a rare advantage deciding to spend years mastering a particular spell. And unlike technology, once the metal is created, to continually get more metal requires other mages to follow in their footsteps. Convince me that's likely.
I am a week from graduating with a mechanical engineering degree. It required years of training. I chose a mechanical engineering degree because it is (generally) a guaranteed respectably sized paycheck, although it is possible I might have been able to make more if I started up my own company or managed to become a sports super-star or something. I believe myself to be reasonably intelligent, and can perform math that 90% of the US population regards as magic. People of my level of intelligence and prediliction towards math and science are a rarity in the general population, yet more than 40 people will graduate with me this year.

When I graduate, I plan on trying to get a job in government because they have good benefits, it's a structured work environment, they offer some of the best starting pay in the industry, and because working for the benefit of my nation gives me a warm and fuzzy.

How am I any different than someone with Magery?

Semper Fi
Crakkerjakk is offline   Reply With Quote