View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #96
Mack_JB

Default Re: Ogre Miniatures Series 1 delivery thread

I've been using MEK to assemble the minis, and a very small paint brush to apply it. For the Ogre guns, I put a small dot of the liquid glue in the socket, then place the barrel, and it sets pretty fast.

Like 'Offsides', I had a green bag split open, and several bags had loose bits inside. One of the green HVY turrets got as far as the bottom of the main shipping box, but luckily no missing parts.

The injection 'gates' on the 6x HVY sprues are considerably finer in cross section than the gates on the 2x HVY sprues. I really commend the diemakers, these are some primo castings, as nice as you'll find on any current plastic model kit.

While everything is very nice, I don't like the base discs for the INF -- too thick, and while the snap on - snap off figures sound good, in short time they'll be too loose to stay on. I'm debating using translucent bingo chips for alternate bases (in semi-matching colors to the INF figures) -- or just going to the hobby shop, buying some clear styrene sheet, and making simple squares to glue the INF to. Still debating my options there. Of course, if they are glued, the 42 figures in each box will have to be broken down into 3/1, 2/1, and 1/1 sets for making change in-game. 42 INF (per box) means one could split it as nine sets of 3/1, and five sets each of 2/1 and 1/1.

I also thought of scanning an INF counter from ODE, erasing the artwork of the figures proper, and then printing them on photo paper and gluing the INF to that -- giving me the stats at the same time.

[added edit: I decided on clear acrylic 1/32" thick x 3/4" diameter discs. Found a bunch on eBay, laser cut, from Texas.]

Last edited by Mack_JB; 11-15-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Mack_JB is online now   Reply With Quote