View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 07:47 AM   #5
naloth

Default Re: Psionic Mind Clouding

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam1234 View Post
I think the usual way of building such powers is to build them as multiple components that are potentially alternate-abilities of the most expensive.

Mind-Clouding is already "Chameleon" for not being seen, "Silence" for not being heard, and you might add some level of "Mind Control (contact agent)" for not being touched. You might also replace Chameleon with Invisibility too.

Since these are all active simultaneously, the use of AA is not appropriate as evidenced by how the Mind Clouding ability is built.
I've approached this in two different ways:

Chameleon 5 (Active +40%; Link +10%) + Silence 5 (Active +40%; Link +10%). I'd also add Encumbrance for both, Selective Effect if you can exclude your friends from being affected, and Glamour since you're projecting this into local minds. I'd throw on a range limit so that people over X yards aren't affected with the value based on X. The use of Active is good because what you're actually doing doesn't matter.

Illusion with Area Effect, Cosmic x2, Emanation, Independent, Mental, and a limitation if you can only "hide" things. Area with Emanation determines who's in your area of affect. Cosmic the first time is to break the "touch or see" limitation in favor of affecting anyone in your area. Cosmic the second time is to ignore the -1 penalty in favor of projecting the same illusion to everyone in the area. Independent means you don't need to keep of the effect (which works as long as the illusion doesn't interact with anyone). Mental makes it a contest, though I'd allow a "take 10" approach for affecting mass groups.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote