View Single Post
Old 10-31-2018, 01:52 PM   #4
platimus

Default Re: Future Kickstarter Speculation thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terquem View Post
I have this crazy idea for a Fantasy Trip, “kid’s edition” Kickstarter.

A kid’s sized play mat (like those ones that come in a large plastic tube) with a fully illustrated dungeon by Dyson Logos. The tube comes with four plastic heroes (whose pictures and descriptions are printed in “card” format in the corners of the play mat), six goblins, four orcs, six skeletons, three ghouls, and one small dragon (maybe a couple of other monsters), a couple of treasure chests, and four oversized d6s. No rules are provided but a small paper insert with the tube has suggestions for how to play games with the mat and figures.

I think this would be great for us to give to our grand kids.

Do you have any ideas, wish lists, speculations (I think we've all seen the 3D terrain that is in the works!) on other future "The Fantasy Trip" Kickstarters you would like to see?
I like this. One suggested change: drop the oversized dice. Instead, put one of those 'Sorry' dice bubbles in there somewhere. Put 4 die in it. Two of one color and one each of two additional colors. (I am assuming the oversized dice were desired to avoid 'choking hazards'. The dice bubble avoids this as well but is much more convenient to work with.)