View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:22 AM   #294
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

*reviews*
I had to use 2 Movement Points to enter your hex, leaving me with 1 unspent Movement Point to use after I resolved my attack against you.

But... now I'm wondering if I should actually be allowed to turn at all.

Normally you need to spend a Movement Point to automatically evade an ally, and I think most house rules apply a similar concept to if you successfully evade an enemy.

Even though AP-wise I'm owed a "free" 60-degree turn (even though I hate the idea of 'free' step/turn stuff and want to charge for EVERYTHING, I think we established we'd use them) MP-wise I might not be able to take advantage of that freeby if I had to expend that MP to get past you...

Unless... should we wave the usual MP fee if using the "9 or less" accidental collision rules?

IE spending the MP is basically what you do when passing through allies' hexes to waive the assumed usual need to roll that? IE sort of like pre-dodging?

EDIT: wait... actually... I think I would need to spent a movement point to exit your hex (into your rear or left or right hex) which I wouldn't be able to do at all if I had to spend my 3rd MP to merely evade you...

What would even happen if you spent your last MP to evade someone? Wouldn't that mean you'd actually need 2 MP to go from "sharing my ally's hex" to "passing through my ally to exit his hex into his rear hex" ?

Last edited by Plane; 01-26-2020 at 11:25 AM.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote