View Single Post
Old 10-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #3
Aneirin

Default Re: What's your advice on how to hand out experience points?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loukas View Post
I don't like it. I tend to give everyone a flat 3 pts per session, and that's not fair to the good roleplayers. But pointing out people for being "better" or "worse" players is hard for me. Maybe it's because my group is very new and I'm not confident enough to assume they'll take it the right way.

I've even considered a RuneQuest system where you get a "gains" roll to build up xp towards improving a skill, if you've made a skill roll under pressure... But that still penalises roleplayers with respect to diceroll players, and gives no points towards attributes or advantages. But I'm tempted, since it impersonalises at least one aspect of character development: skills.

Do you have a clear framework for awarding cp, so people know why they are being rewarded/punished?
Never a perfect way. I make it a communal pot, good roleplayers benefit everyone, bad roleplayers drag everyone down, that way my players beat the bad ones into behaving better :)

All depends on the group though, I have a group of good roleplayers so they are all rewarded together and have been awarded more than regular character points due to good roleplaying on most sessions.
Aneirin is offline   Reply With Quote