View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 10:28 AM   #1
Embassy of Time

Default Looking for outside testers for new GURPS-inspired RPG line!

I designed a roleplaying game a long time ago, based on a set of GURPS houserules for new players. The game was set in a universe with ample and chaotic time travel, revolving around an organization trying to protect people who got into problems with other, less savory time travelers. You may be able to guess the name of the organization!

Long story short, it was a lot of fun and I ended up working on a series of novels set in the same universe when it became all but impossible to keep the sessions regular. Now, as the writing of the novels is coming along nicely, I have started doing the second edition of the RPG, since the first had its flaws and was very much a product of the people I played it with.

My problem is that I've had too many people look at it to find good eyes that are not already too familiar with it to give it that 'fresh look'. So I'm looking for people to, for now, look it over and give some basic feedback. The full rules are not yet in there (simplified rules are, though), but while they are no longer fully compatible with GURPS, they share enough similarities that the two systems should be able to compliment each other.

The current work-in-progress document is here: Embassy Of Time RPG As stated, it's far from done, and will be updated as I find the time to get it written. For now, it's a brief introduction to the rules and the first major pieces of the setting. No art at all, yet.

Any and all feedback is appreciated. Other books are already being drawn up for near-future writing, all by former GURPSers, and I hope to get some good input and maybe give a bit back to the GURPS community that shaped the many roleplaying sessions of my youth!

Last edited by Embassy of Time; 03-30-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Fixed the link
Embassy of Time is offline   Reply With Quote