View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #24
PK

Default Re: Storium - In Nomine

(I want to reiterate that I am replying to this as a Storium user and In Nomine fan only, not as an SJ Games employee. At the moment, I have no connection to, or insider knowledge of, the Storium In Nomine project.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I would also imagine that the Superior would be the subplot, and the Choir/Band would be Nature, yes?
I'd assume as much for the Nature, though I think the Subplot could range far wider than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabishtar View Post
Well, if it's going to be that basic, what did we have to contribute $150,000 to unlock? I could log on to Storium right now and create an In Nomine game like you describe, and it would only take me a few hours.
For the work of "a few hours," I believe that you could get the basic Natures, Strengths, Weaknesses, and Subplots up, along with enough other prep to get the game off the ground. But you aren't going to code in every song. Every artifact. Every important NPC.

In addition to that, if you go to the Start A New Game page, you'll see that there are many other sections that haven't even been enabled yet -- Premises, Characters, etc.

Just turning the stuff from the core book into cards is the work of days, not hours. Having someone do all of that work for you means you'll be able to get a Storium In Nomine (heh, "SIN") game up and running in the time it takes you to write up the story description, and once running the game, it means that anything "canonical" that you'll ever need will be one click away, as opposed to "several minutes of me looking up the details in the book and then writing up a card." And I don't know if you've narrated a Storium game yet, but speaking as someone who is, those "several minutes" add up.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote