View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 01:44 AM   #103
Lindmark71

Default Re: Combat Garage Update

Hey Aaron. After many years, I finally decided to try out your designer.

Let me first say that I know how hard it is designing something from scratch, so I can definitely commend you for all the work you've put into this.

One suggestion I would like to make is to offer a public access to a bug recording tool, like Bugzilla, ClearQuest, or something else, open-sourced, etc, as a clearing house for bugs found (something the public can contribute to) and bugs fixed, so anyone who finds the same bugs someone else has found won't list them again (like I'm probably about to).

I banged out a Div 15 ram car, and found the following:

1) Dischargers have options for fire retardant insulators, concealment and blow through concealment. None of these are needed and shouldn't be shown as available options.

2) High torque motors and heavy duty high torque motors are implemented to be mutually exclusive. Please point to the rule that says this is so. It may not be tactically sound or cost-effective, but I am not aware of a rule that specifically says they can not be combined. They may not be _engaged_ at the same time, surely, but it's reasonable to allow the designer to include them both.

3) I do not see the option to use blow through concealment on a rocket booster. Given the tactical advantage of concealing the ability to accelerate, this is a routinely chosen option for me.

4) The graphics for the dischargers is not implemented correctly. Side dischargers do not show at all, and front and back dischargers appear as projectile weapons. (You mention this part is a work in progress).

5) Wheel hubs are not implementing correctly for any wheel.

6) Changes to existing designs are not correctly reflected on the design page. Reloading the design is often required.

That's all I've tested so far. I look forward to future updates, and thanks for all the work you've put into this to date.

Drive offensively,

Curt
Lindmark71 is offline   Reply With Quote