View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 07:22 PM   #39
Humabout

Default Re: Spitballing a Space Opera Boxed Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
But what would you put in it? I agree that it would go well with action, but what does the book need that action doesn't have?
Just adaptations for high TL, a simplified psi power with a pointer to Psionic Powers for more detail, a Psi class and background, Spacer background, an adaptation for Wheelman that turns him into a space pilot, simplified rules for space combat that mesh with the Chase rules, modifications to everything in Exploits to address ultra-tech equipment (I'd go very kitchen sink so GMs can simply omit that which they don't want to include, instead of making GMs invent rules for stuff not covered), Skill Specialties (Action 4) for space opera stuff, a Starship Crewman lens/mod for the Wire Rat so he can serve as an engineer/fire control/technician type, oh, and tons of simplified TL 10+ equipment. Oh, and we'd need to address robot and alien PCs.

Other than that, we don't need an entire product line. We certainly don't want a setting of any kind; that's not how SJGames does its worked example series. One Action book would provide rules for recreating everything from Star Wars to Star Trek to Foundation to Blade Runner to The Expanse to Starship Troopers to Dune.

Free Stuff:
Dungeon Action!
Totem Spirits

My Blog: Above the Flatline.
Humabout is offline   Reply With Quote