View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 07:49 AM   #46
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams II (OCC)

Hmm...

First off, I think a traditionally built character would be the best for this situation. Lost in Dreams works best when the PC has underlying motivations: the plots tend to require you to get involved in them, rather than forcing themselves upon you.

If you want help coming up with and fleshing out a character concept, I can very much help you with that. Or we can go to the gurps forum and ask for assistance there.

You seem to want to play a women. That's fine. common choice for this game. Gender: check!

What age is the character? a young adult just starting out her life? Middle aged? An older women, with experience and wisdom, but creaky joints?

What is her career path? This is the widest choice. She could be a doctor, a policewoman, a waitress, a bureaucrat, an archeologist, an engineer, a world traveler, a writer, a student, a journalist, a party planner, a lawyer, independently wealthy, a homemaker, an activist or any other of a number of things. If you're not sure what to be, choose one from the above list randomly.

What does she do for fun? Does she avidly read or watch a particular type of ficiton or non-fiction (mysteries, nature documentaries, science fiction, action films, dramas), go into the great outdoors, socialize with family and friends, play a sport or martial art, garden, travel the world, or listen to or play music?

What sort of background does she have? Is she from a big family or a small one? was her home broken or whole? Did they have money? Did they live in a city, a suburb, or the country? Did she grow up in the US or some other nation?

If you very much still want a character with amnesia, at the very least I'd like you to specify ST, DX, and HT. Those will be immediately apparent. IQ, per, and will would also be nice.

you've racked up -3 in reaction modifiers. This is... ill advised.

I would note that the 153 point package is applied AFTER the 100 point character is built. So the characters are actually 253 points. So perhaps you took all of the disadvantages because you felt stressed for points.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote