View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 12:32 PM   #28
Varyon

Default Re: High TL 9 vs TL2+RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfinlay View Post
My feeling was always that large scale sacrifice was hard. That's because iirc, anyone who doesn't fully have the interests of the ritual at heart screws it up pretty badly and sacrifice hurts. Trying to force people into giving sacrifice just won't work and any attempt to gather large groups to sacrifice without carefully vetting them leads to people ****ing up the ritual.
As far as I can find, RPM has no rules for nearby individuals actively screwing up a ritual - the closest thing is that the GM can have each point of energy given by a semi-willing participant (as in "Willingly sacrifice HP/FP for this spell or we'll get the power by shoving this dagger through your daughter's heart") come with a Quirk. Note I suggested using a group of 1,000 elite soldiers with High Pain Tolerance, Fit, and appropriate Sense of Duty - it would presumably be a volunteer legion made up of some of the better soldiers you have. I'd expect a large TL2 polity to be able to manage that (I've little doubt Rome could have pulled it off).
Of course, nothing says that's the way it has to work in your setting, or that leadership had the foresight to set up such a legion.
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote