View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 04:57 AM   #9
sonic232

Default Re: Ritual Path Magic + Infinite Worlds: Cost for Planar Travel Across Quantum Levels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
It also jives with how Jumper works in GURPS Infinite Worlds. It becomes more difficult the higher in difference of the Q.
Yeah. Glad that I can do RPM rituals OK when it comes to that ^^; I'll probably use PK's increased costs per Q difference, with 0 for pocket-multiverse shifts within the same pocket-multiverse, +10 for same Q, +20 for a shift of 1 and a doubling for each level after that... Which would then be TRIPLED for a single Greater Create Crossroads effect.

+0
+30 - Same Q
+60 - Q +/- 1
+120 Q +/- 2
+240 Q +/- 3

This would make regular GURPS Magic's Plane Shift invaluable, if less versatile (them having to learn a new spell for each plane they know how to get to and all) unless their spells have the same sort of cost increases to their spells (which would make 'traditional' Cabalists much less capable of world hopping than their Nexus Portal and Astral Plane travelling compatriots).

Which leads into another question that I just came up with: Would MH's astral realm be the same as the Cabal's? Could somebody potentially stumble into a new world by accident while poking around too much in there?
sonic232 is offline   Reply With Quote