View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 12:24 PM   #15
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: [RPM] Thoughts and clarifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
So something a bit more handwavy for subject weight then?
Honestly, I'm not sure how I'd handle it other than...not like that. It's not so much as "handwavy" as something like that would slow down gameplay and despite it's detractors - RPM is all about "ease of access."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Heh, I have a sudden vision of a hobo Gate mage with backpack that's bigger on the inside (I have a ritual written up for that one around), in which he keeps a folded cardboard box just large enough for someone to crawl into. He rides the rails with a pack on his back, and never stays in one place very long, and is superficially indistinguishable from anyone else who's on the bum, but can be a very helpful ally or contact if approached right. Seems like a good fit for a magical 20s-40s setting.

Ye old bag of holding. I too, have done this in a game. The hobo part, not so much - but that's cool. I didn't ride the rails, but when I was 15 I wandered the east coast via Greyhounds. I did piecework, dishwashing, etc. for three months as I just wandered around. So I can dig where you're going with that. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote