View Single Post
Old 02-19-2014, 10:32 AM   #11
Varyon

Default Re: [RPM] Thoughts and clarifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
(This means that unspecialized casters can't use conditionals, but that's a feature, not a bug; I could see letting someone with Alchemy or Herb Lore default Path of Magic off of that for the purpose of elixirs only, though.)
An interesting feature, and one that makes investing in alternate skills have more of a pay off, would be to allow appropriate charms to not be limited by Path of Magic at all. For example, the supplement charms I suggested, provided they have effects appropriate for Esoteric Medicine, simply require rolling against Path of Body - the price for Lesser Control Magic is still in effect, but the "roll against the lowest skill" rule isn't.

Note this should only apply to charms, not to normal conditionals, and the effect needs to be appropriate for the underlying skill. With Esoteric Medicine, a pill that cures cancer (Greater Restore Body) is fine - a pill that makes you grow wings (Greater Transform Body) not so much.

EDIT: A quick look at RPM's Grimoire indicates curing cancer would indeed be a Greater effect (Lesser only works against diseases with finite duration, like a cold or the flu), so my initial ruling was correct.

Last edited by Varyon; 02-19-2014 at 10:36 AM.
Varyon is offline   Reply With Quote