View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 10:01 PM   #136
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

B286 originally had a generic "three seconds per piece to don or remove most armor"

Low-Tech 102 modified equivalent times with "Time to remove the armor is halved."

Also rather than 3-per-piece, LT110 introduced varying "Don" totals for different suits, ranging from 15 (padded cloth or light mail) to 45 (plate), 102 instructs "Calculate times to armor other body parts using the percentages on the
Armor Locations Table (p. 100)."

LT100 lists extremeties like hands/feet as 10%, but that's collectively so they're actually 5% apiece like the neck or groin. Taking 1/20 the time means it could vary from 0.75 to 2.25 seconds to Don those locations, and 0.375 to 1.125 to un-Don them. SUPER fast.

"Instant Armor" appears to have gone back on that, "Gloves and Footwear" (pg 15-16) boosts that up to either 6 or 10, meaning 3 or 5 individual Dons, or 1.5 to 2.5 un-Dons.

Despite B9's "Round down for character feats" I think it would make more sense to round up in this case, so I'd probably need a 2nd to fully remove it, but I'd say there would be enough time left over to do a 1/2 secon'ds worth of another shoe in that time so that it would only need a 3rd second to un-don the pair.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote