Thread: Current play?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2019, 02:41 PM   #40
ColBosch

Default Re: Current play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theohippip View Post
I photocopied a 1.5" Melee hex template and punched some tiny holes into the dots. I then taped it down to the mat and marked through the holes with the Sharpie. Like I said, pretty time-consuming, but effective. I didn't think twice about permanent megahexes on the Chessex; I only use it for TFT (I mean, what else is there, after all?)
That sounds like a solid idea. I think I'll do the same.

As for me, I haven't had a chance yet to run anyone else through TFT. I think I'll do Tollenkar's Lair as a mini-campaign, adding in some wilderness encounters and small labyrinths, with the culmination being an assault on the lower levels. If they're having fun, I'll have Tollenkar himself escape to be a recurring villain. I'm working on some notes on how he could work with the Chaos Triad adventure.

I have been running through Death Test to familiarize myself with the rules. I completed it on my fourth run, with a middling final score. I'm going to keep at it until I've got the rest of the labyrinth mapped and I feel confident that I've got the rules down; I still need to practice HTH and remembering all of my options. I had a few moments where I was kicking myself that I'd forgotten to move a figure or that someone's weapon was unready. Then I'll tackle Death Test 2.
ColBosch is offline   Reply With Quote