View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 10:47 AM   #38
larsdangly

Default Re: Hexagram #1, an Old-School RPG Zine for The Fantasy Trip

I'm stoked to see issue #1! Hopefully the first of many. I'm a hard-copy sort of person so I'll probably wait till the print version shows up to pore over every page. But I did a 'deep skim' this morning and am very excited and encouraged by the indications that you're gearing up to do a major project on cards. There is nothing I love more in a game than material you can use at the table, and TFT is such a distinctive merging of board game and roleplaying game concepts that it feels like there are endless opportunities for clever ideas of this sort. The things I find most interesting:

The dungeon tiles
More and more diverse MH tiles of the sort we'll get in the Legacy edition set
The NPC cards
The idea that adding a second card makes a standard NPC fully fleshed out

I'm less interested in the cards that reproduce rules; I'm not convinced they will be more useful than the GM's screen (though perhaps noobs will really appreciate them in combat).

Something you haven't shown that I would love to see happen is an exterior space/wilderness version of the dungeon tiles idea. This would be particularly interesting if you did it at a somewhat coarser scale than 1 MH per hex, to fit the scales of exploration.
larsdangly is offline   Reply With Quote