View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 02:24 PM   #134
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
It looks like he only has one level of EM that isn't an AA which would only give him a step 4 at his top speed (20). It looks like you can AoA or AoD as a maneuver while running (without stopping) allowing him to keep that step, though using all-out is a recipe for getting smushed by a Wait action. It's far better for him to either move 10 or attack so he can dodge as necessary.
Correct and it's not enough. I am rebalancing some powers and I am aiming at getting him a Step of 16 (8 at the worse). With his ATR (reduced by 1), it will give him a lot of coverage to attack, disarm, etc half a dozen target in a single second without using Move and Attack.

I double checked and I believe what you call Instant Regeneration is actually called Regeneration (Very Fast) in GURPS 4E. It costs 100 points and regenerates 1 HP a second. This is what I gave him.

Regarding damage, what would you believe is appropriate? In my working revised version he punches for 4d up to 6 times a second of 9d once a second. He can also speed bolt for 12d.

About carrying stuff, in my working revised version he can carry stuff up to ST 14 while runnng. Still too low.

You were right, Twister works better as an Emanation. Haven't looked at Affliction for Vacuum (by the way, both were inspired by a write-up in GURPS Powers).

Regarding Warp. I had looked into it previously and I don't believe this is the appropriate mechanic (if feels really forced for Super-Running) and I prefer Enhanced Move by far.
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote