View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #33
Tim Kauffman

Default Re: Update - version

Quote:
Originally Posted by AurochJake View Post
The changes were made to the Submerged tooltip, rather than the Water tile. It's only on beta at the moment, are you playing this or the default branch?
Where exactly is this submerged tooltip you mention?

Ok...I was playing the Beta, and nothing was different. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the game on Beta to flush anything out just in case and now I can't even create a new scenario because when I click on a tab in the Scenario settings...any of them (General/Player/Unit/Victory) the screen freezes and I can't even click the exit tab and am forced to exit by closing the tab on my browser. Unit Settings is really bad, never seen this before...only a missile tank appears where normally all available units would be. Worse, then when I do any clicking anywhere, a new missile tank appears add nauseum.
So, I can't even test to double check now that I rebooted the game if that will allow me to see if "submerge" changes have been added.

Most of my hours logged on are actually due to not playing the game and encountering ahem...stuff like this and working through it and posting about them...while logged on and in the forums, not actually playing the game. When the game is working and running like it should it is wonderful. However, I don't have time for this. It's like one step forward and then two steps backwards with a trip and a fall flat on your face. I was able to and I'll use the word suffer through being able to finally create two Scenarios, Shell Shock and Quagmire, but it was beyond the pale all the...ahem...stuff I had to wade through to get them functioning properly with all the bugs, and issues. Now it's happening again with a vengeance. I can't even test and check to see about a bug issue because of a bug issue...lol.

The tooltips, ect are fine. That's what they are for. Information, like a manual at you fingetips in-game. I don't mind at all mousing over to see that. It'a as fast as it can be and it works well. Just try and have as much info as possible in them is all. Like for the submerged rule. Expand the size of the panels if you can to fit the stuff in. Having a tool tip that can have that info, but does not is not a valid reason to keep that info excluded from them and only put it in a off screen manual. Maybe you can have a quick link to the manual on screen? Is that possible?

Thanks for all the hard work it's really appreciated, the game is truly awesome...when it runs like it should. Keep those tread units rolling! :)

Last edited by Tim Kauffman; 11-29-2017 at 11:51 AM.
Tim Kauffman is offline   Reply With Quote