View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 10:07 AM   #56
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Catalog of the Weird Parallels

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Unnavigable
How do earth locations map to this world?
Sounds like a great thing to point PC's at! I've had a variation on this in my mind for years, mostly because it seems to be how fairy tale geography works. Several "return" schemes are possible.

I'd personally key like to like: leaving the city dumps you in Cairo, Bejing, London, and so forth. If you can consistently get to the same place in the city you have firm connections. You can even get consistent drops to various trees in the wilderness... they just don't have consistent geography within themselves.

If I ran this world.

Quote:
Metempsychosis
Is the population capping out when there are no souls available or is suicide that common? How even is the culture around the world?
It stated earlier that you get new souls when you exceed the population cap. Which I'm sure is a significant event. Actually, I bet souls count the number of lives they've experienced. Even if most of them are starving to death as a child.

There are probably a number of books on how to figure out who you are. Religion is going to be unique. Humanity is probably very cosmopolitan: everyone has lived everywhere. Factions will probably be universal. Part of me wonders if you'll get a generational frequency where the same souls are always parts of the same generations.

How long this has been going on matters, as well as if the 100 million always existed or if they've only been around for as long as there are 100 million on earth, and if a small percentage has been alive since the pyramids.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote