Old 12-03-2019, 10:25 PM   #279
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
but I'm referencing B392
roll randomly to see who you “attack” first. Your attack roll is a flat 9
from "Striking into a Close Combat" (which I think still applies to Slams)

The idea being that since this is like a "free attack" (I'm not actually spending an "Attack" on you, I'm not actually trying to hit you at all, just move to the hex behind you without trying to avoid you) that it's kind of similar to the free attack you get against a foe by missing another foe.
I'm fine with that, as long as a miss can still be treated as a heavily penalized evade.

Quote:
SIACC normally applies if you made an attack against SOMETHING though (it just missed or was dodged) in which case the original target (and presumably any secondary accidental targets) might get a +2 to dodge if it was a telegraphic attack...

So in this circumstance it makes sense to give you at least +2 to defences too, if not more.
That's fine...

Quote:
It's actually possible for some techniques to be even easier to defend against... MA91:
"Opponent’s Defenses: +2 to default per +1 to all of the opponent’s defenses against the attack"

This doesn't have any upper limit... which makes it a fabulous point crock if you're building a technique to to attack foes who can't defend, like a surprise attack or when fighting berserkers who can only AOA.

If a GM were to put a cap on how many levels of O'sDs you could put on a tech, then the bonus to avoid accidental slams should probably be equal to or worse than that.
As a GM, I'd look really hard at anything that goes beyond telegraphic attack's +2 to defenses. It'd have to be something with an absolutely ridiculous windup, or taking more than one second to telegraph exactly what's going to happen.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote