Thread: The GURPS Index
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #52
Peter Knutsen
Banned

Default Re: The GURPS Index

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
Is there anything else you feel is missing from the list of Indices?
No. Meta-Traits are the major thing, the obvious thing that's problematic to find using the index in the core book. There have been numerous threads on here (and I think on the old Pyramid discussion boards too) about people confused about Meta-Traits found in templates or sometimes found elsewhere.

The only thing I can think of, that comes close in importance, is a comprehensive overview over Extra Effort options in combat, since I've had minor problems (minor, nor major) finding them in the core books via the index or ToC. The PDF by poster "Onkl" showing all combat options, including all EE options, is very good; maybe you should just link to that from the appropriate pages of your wiki, if you don't already.

Back to Meta-Traits, Personally, I think it was a mistake of SJ Games to not invent and utilize a distinctive notation for Meta-Traits (and another for Species Templates, although that's a bit less necessary, as Elf or Sirian as "advantages" are usually partially self-explanatory) to use, especially in Templates. Like curly brackets around a Meta-Trait. Or something else that makes them stand out.

Perhaps that's something the wiki project could try to promote? I know it's totally rogue, but it wouldn't actually do any harm. Rather it would do good, and it might in the longer term pressure SJ Games into adopting the same layout measure.
Peter Knutsen is offline   Reply With Quote