View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 01:57 PM   #88
Plane

Default Re: A Challenger Appears! Green versus Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
unarmed parries are already considered to be arms rather than hands. Look at the parry unarmed rules on basic 376: a failed parry unarmed against a weapon allows the attacker to hit your arm, not your hand.
I believe Grabbing Parry and Aggressive Parry open up the hand to be targeted, so perhaps the -4 to skill (-2 to parry) for using the off-hand should apply only to those, but not standard unarmed parries?

Quote:
As a note, a crushing damage to the vitals is effectivally a normal attack to the torso.
Martial Arts introduced some options there for it being a hit to the solar plexus, definitely more effective.

Quote:
I'll go ahead at burn an extra AP to retreat: I'll end up on the winning end of the FP battle anyways...
Oddly I just noticed, since retreats are so inferior for Brawling parries (1 ap for +1) you pretty much have the same efficiency ratio as for Feverish Defense (2 ap for +2).

Quote:
Parry 11 -1 (FP loss) -1 (DWA) +1 (one foe) +2 (telegraphic) +1 retreat = 13

and I rolled 13. very glad I chose to retreat. I'm at 6/10 AP. Make your second attack. Please note I get a retreat bonus against that as well.
Hm... what is the penalty for reacting to something moving 4yards/second on the speed/range table? :)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote