View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #48
tHEhERETIC

Default Re: In Nomine: the Pacific War (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck View Post
Mitch scowls out the window and drops a note to the local tether about the uptick in demon activity. He spends the night at the pawnshop after making sure his assistant gets home safe. The next morning he calls Ryuki's cell phone to gives his appologies.
(Friday afternoon)
The tinny sounds of an ice-cream truck grace the back parking lot of the Tradewinds. An old guy slips out of the cab of the truck and into the back, emerging from a rear door with a case full of Strawberry Shortcake pops.

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death--You know, like San Fernando--I shall fear no evil, for You are with me. The old soldier prayed to himself as he walked up to the Tradewinds back door. He plastered a goofy smile on his face as he approached the Calabite. "Delivery for Mitch!" he crowed, loudly enough for those inside to hear. The Calabite sniffed at him, then knocked the box out of his hands just for fun. The old man played it off as an accident, picked up the pops and let himself into the shop.

"Hey Mitch." The goofiness was dropped like the costume it was. "Just checking on you. I see you've got the thugs hanging around your place too. From what we can gather they're doing this with every known angel in the city--which is dumb really, because now we know which ones they aren't aware of." He sets the slightly scuffed box on the counter. "So far though they haven't messed with anyone. We've advised the angels not to cross them, but that's just common sense. We're just trying to figure out who's leading them, and why they're doing this now. Maybe you can help--we got pictures of the demons hanging around. Maybe you can identify some?" He pulls a thumb drive out of his pocket and looks for a computer to plug it into. While he's getting set up, he gets conversational. "How are you holding up today?"

(Saturday)
He doesn't pick up his phone, but calls you back in the early afternoon. There's the loud white noise of airplane engine in the background--he's on a flight. "Hi Mitch. Sorry I couldn't answer before, but we were taking off...I'm headed over to see my girl. Damn, wouldn't it be awkward if I'd had a boy?" He's in good spirits, but it's clear there are strangers within hearing range.

((OOC haven't forgotten the rest of you, but I need to go get breakfast.))

Last edited by tHEhERETIC; 06-04-2011 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Added something I thought of on the bus
tHEhERETIC is offline   Reply With Quote