View Single Post
Old 07-23-2014, 09:53 AM   #11
ronalmb

Default Re: [RPM] Mind Control type spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Keep in mind that it can slow down the game a LOT if you have to total what something's CP value is. It's not going to be possible on some monsters that have been published lately because the company line is "Give it stats, but don't give it a value." It's easier for us authors this way and I wouldn't want to go back to the old way - too time consuming. That said, a 10% chunk is...going to make mind control spells near impossible at high levels and very difficult at low levels. A 100 CP sapient critter is going to add +30 energy (10 x 3 for a Greater effect) and that's just to get a cop or EMT to do what you want. Going with that model it's mostly animals that are going to be easily controlled and breaking into someone's mind is gonna be hard.
Very good observation, and why I came here before going forward -- the summoning example looks to be where i'll go, although ill still need to know the CP of something. Fortunately, I tend to do that with the critters i create. And yes, its oh so slow, lol
ronalmb is offline   Reply With Quote