View Single Post
Old 01-02-2020, 10:24 AM   #23
beetle496

Default Re: Car Wars Setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
_GA_'s timeline details when some of the more-significant events of the OG _CW_ Timeline occur -- for ex.: The "big news" in CW-2020 is the development of Cloning by Amalgamated Meditech, and the associated legal ruling in the US that a clone which has the original's memories in it is legally a "continuation of the original".
Okay, then GA is harmonized with Classic and Compendium (which are identical to each other). Most of the ADQs drop in additional details as well. For example, ADQ Vol. 8 No. 2 describes how Brazil became a recognized super power in 2040. It sure would be nice to have all that history is one place!

Quote:
Meanwhile, the Collapse has reached "bottom"; things will slowly improve from here. And that's what makes it Interesting to me -- "we choose to go to the Moon in this decade, and do the other things, *not* because they are Easy, but because they are *Hard*". Being one of The Few who stands in the way of the Collapse -- not a bad way to spend an evening, eh, lads? :)
From ADQ Vol. 9 No. 2:
Quote:
2020 — Generally-accepted end of the Dark Years. Plans are drawn for urban pacification and repopulation. Various social, political, religious and economic groups band together to stake out a claim and build a new future.
Sure, one could make a TV show (or RPG setting) out of that, but it won’t even start to look like CW until 2028 when “Vehicular weaponry becomes widespread.”

This is why I wish the CW 6e Setting were said to be 2030 or 2040 instead of 2070. In lieu of that, this fertile backstory is why I am arguing that the simplest approach would be to add 30 years to the CWC chronology.
beetle496 is offline   Reply With Quote