View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:39 AM   #15
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Seeking build advice: Modern conspiracy character creation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataPacRat View Post
As it happens, the cost for one present-day cryo group, plus extras like "standby", is on the order of $50k; which, if bought as Signature Gear, would cost around... 5 points. The current writeup already has one piece of Signature Gear; as a GM, would you allow both to be bought as SG?
I wouldn't allow it as SG because it isn't gear. It is a service contract. I definitely would allow multiple instances of Signature Gear, (but I'm thinking of adopting the Signature Gear is a perk per item rule anyway).
Quote:
Or do you have a different approach in mind? (And would it be worth getting into the distinction between pre-paying the whole thing as a lump sum, versus paying for fairly inexpensive life insurance which pays the lump sum to the cryo provider?)
Life insurance, mortuary services and the like aren't adventuring expenses and are part of CoL.

The only way this matters at all is if the GM wants to run a sequel campaign or time-travel plot or something with corpsicles, which is totally a meta decision. There isn't any point in paying for it, and certainly no point in putting a built-in failure chance on it. If it happens, it happens.

Last edited by sir_pudding; 08-02-2017 at 11:46 AM.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote