View Single Post
Old 10-15-2020, 08:32 AM   #35
phiwum

Default Re: How does anything stay locked?

All good points, but these points become so difficult to fully answer that it makes the fundamental premise (that one could tunnel into a bank) rather more implausible than I'd like.

I think I'd be happy to say so long as they can surreptitiously get the tailings to a stone carver's shop, the stone carver can deal with getting rid of them without attracting much attention. The entrances to the tunnel are hidden in other buildings so can be accessed without much attention.

The other big problem I face is that the tunnel will still be there after the heist. That means that the robbers will be identified. There's no clear way around that, so long as I cover up the entrance by putting it in a building. The bank end of the tunnel could be destroyed at the end of the heist with a honking big petard, which would slow discovery but not prevent it.

An adventure always includes leaving some details up to the suspension of disbelief, but striking the right balance is difficult. Deal with too few of the details and the nagging doubts will distract from the immersion. Deal with too many and interesting ideas become unworkable.
phiwum is online now   Reply With Quote