View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 04:06 PM   #39
Skarg

Default Re: Why bother with powerstones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Is everybody on agreement with these two hypothesis?

A: Drain Strength will draw five fatigue from the subject for every one point of capacity recharged in a powerstone or mana staff.
I don't particularly object to it as a house rule, but I don't think the way Drain Strength is written supports it. The spell lets you heal your own fatigue, or an adjacent figure's, and I don't think a powerstone or staff is a "figure".

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
B: A wizard can recharge no more than her own ST in powerstone and mana staff capacity each day, even with access to unlimited power sources.
I'm not sure exactly what that means, as worded.

I don't see any limit on ST per day put into the wizard's staff.

I like reading the Powerstone line as being the maximum amount they can put into powerstones each day, but I don't think the line is clear whether it intends it as a limit per stone or per wizard. i.e. I'm left with two questions about RAW:

1) If Nancy has several powerstones, can she charge each of them up to her base ST per day, or is the total ST she can put into all of them limited to her base ST per day?

2) If a large powerstone is passed around between several wizards, can they each charge it up to their base ST per day, or it only be recharged per day up to the base ST of each person recharging it? (Actually I'm certain this isn't what SJ means because it's a complex reading, but I think limiting them that way could be something I'd personally like.)
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote