Thread: Current play?
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2019, 11:50 PM   #25
JLV

Default Re: Current play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post

<Snip>

My one immediate thought is that it's a good thing I have a second set of MH tiles coming in hte mail, because it really requires a lot of them to assemble a significant stretch of dungeon map and leave it up while people run around. I think I won't be comfortable with my ability to do it unimpaired until I've got a third set (or fourth). This is more important than getting more chits (though we wanted some of those as well - I had to ad lib a big fight with a swarm of giant ants). So, the good news is the physical materials are awesome for facilitating play, but start thinking about getting that collection of components built up to the point where it can handle the task!
Great minds! ;-) (I ordered four additional sets of the Megahexes during the Kickstarter -- both because I wanted to be able to do really big rooms (and enable more tactical choices by the players and bad guys), and also because I wasn't sure how much additional support the game would get in the future...I can build some *really big* areas now!)

I just wish they'd create the giant room from the original hex sheets in TFT back in '81. I loved having that big room (all in one piece) to work with. But, with the new hex size, I doubt it'll ever happen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEye View Post

<snip>

The pregen fighters on the dry erase cards are absolutely killer - that made it so dang easy to both enlist my neighbor into playing (vs. just showing) and play.
I'll second that. They turned out to be much more useful than I thought they would! (I'll also admit I was doubtful about the idea in the first place, but I'm a believer now, that's for sure!)

Oh, and to answer the question -- just a couple of training Melee bouts thus far; teaching the system to a couple of friends to see if they're willing to engage in something bigger.

Last edited by JLV; 03-24-2019 at 11:55 PM.
JLV is offline   Reply With Quote