View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 05:16 PM   #35
Jinumon

Default Re: Pyramid #3/109: Thaumatology V

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
So, I'm really liking Magnum Opus; I've always wanted to see RWBY — I mean BRYWs — incorporated into an Alchemy system.
Thanks! The original term for BRYWs was indeed RWBYs, but at a suggestion from my preliminary editor I changed it to avoid any question of copyright, and ultimately I felt like a "brew" was more thematically appropriate to the idea of alchemy than a "ruby."

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
1. Has anyone adapted the full list of Elixirs from GURPS Magic for use with Magnum Opus? Similarly, has anyone worked out a more extensive list of Alchemical Reagents?
I've considered doing this, or at least the first part, for a while and probably will sometime in the near future. The second part I feel would be a lot of work for not a ton of reward. You could definitely have a setting-specific reagent list, but not every critter, substance, or plant will exist in every setting. It's meant to be simple enough to allow for assigning BRYW values on-the-fly. The reagents listed in the article exist to illustrate the system more than anything.

Jinumon
Jinumon is offline   Reply With Quote