View Single Post
Old 03-16-2018, 12:59 PM   #11
tbeard1999

Default Re: An Even MORE BLASPHEMOUS Polyhedral Dice Concepts for TFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
Actually, that system was used in a British RPG, Dragon Warriors, which was published contemporaneously with TFT in the early '80's. Dragon Warriors has a LOT of interesting ideas in it (and was republished a few years ago and is available from DTRPG). Systemically it wouldn't be hard to convert DW to TFT or vice versa -- they're close enough to make it do-able. I've often thought it would have resulted in a very interesting game if the designers of TFT and DW would have gotten together and collaborated on their designs -- so many great ideas that didn't overlap exactly but were easily applicable from one design to the other.
I must have that game somewhere...

Lee Gold in FGU's Lands of Adventure used a fixed amount of damage for weapons. I can't recall how armor was treated.

I've toyed with the idea of putting the to hit rolls on the target when attacked. In TFT terms, this is what it would look like:

"Player A, the Orc attacks you with an adjDX of 12. Roll to avoid the attack."

The player must roll 13+ on 3d or he is hit. A 3,4,5 are critical hits per normal TFT rules.

If there's a hit, I roll damage normally. Or I can put that on the player as well.

That should reduce the GM workload, at least when there are more monsters than PCs in a battle.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote