View Single Post
Old 06-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #6
a humble lich

Default Re: Minor League Supers [Powers/Supers]

It is a bit above the level under discussion, but I ran a low powered supers game that was successful. The PCs were 350 points and it was set around a group of crime fighters in 1930s Paris.

I agree that the attraction is that you have PCs that are threatened by fairly ordinary people. The foes that the PCs fought in this game often were often frug dealers or organized crime thugs. Their motivation wasn't to stop an alien invasion, but rather to stop a new gang bringing heroin into Paris.

There are a lot of classic superheroes that are basically at this level. Many Batman or Daredevil stories are at this level, where Batman is going after thugs and organized crime. (Of course, there are other Batman stories where he is much more capable and is probably well over 1000 points.) Most of the characters from the show Heroes were probably about 250 points.

(Now by the end of my campaign, the PCs had grown to over 400 points, and they were no longer low powered. Instead of drug dealers, they were fighting KGB super assassins and elite white Russians who had taken Nazi super-soldier serum. The campaign started of low level though.)
a humble lich is offline   Reply With Quote