View Single Post
Old 12-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Left 4 Dead Zombies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post

the Witch is one I cant get my head around. I honestly cant figure out a reason for her to be in that game so I probably wont use her at all.
She's the zombie equivalent of a posted minefield. Her job is to deny an area visibly and audibly. Placed in a chokepoint – like in a door the survivors must go through or on a bridge they must cross – she forces the survivors either to find another way or, if they can't, to deal with her. Dealing with her is a simple matter of one headshot, done right, but of course it's easy to do it wrong.

What's hard to model about the witch in GURPS terms is that a high-powered rifle hit to the head can't kill her in one shot, while a shotgun blast can. That requires sort of the opposite of an armor divisor, something that makes big attacks less likely to kill her than lots of small ones. Leaky IT (Damage Reduction) might do it . . . give her IT (DR) at some huge level and a rifle bullet will do 1 point while 9 shotgun pellets will do 9 points, which becomes 4 vs. 36 with the ×4 for the skull.
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote