Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #5
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default Re: Left 4 Dead Zombies

I play too much L4D and L4D2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post

General Infected
Brain is the only vital. (Unliving 20, Has a Brain -5 = 15 sound about right?)
I would skip Unliving; these guys go down faster than survivors, and bullets work just fine . . . whereas Unliving seriously gimps bullet damage (see p. B380).

I'd treat common infected like humans with reduced IQ and, to tell the truth, the Wild Animal meta-trait (p. B263). They also have the Doesn't Breathe and Injury Tolerance (No Vitals) advantages, and the Fragile (Unnatural) disadvantage. We're not given enough information to know about vulnerability to poison and disease, but Immunity to Metabolic Hazards could fit. As far as I can tell, they have to eat (people) and sleep (well, stand around stunned), they do feel pain (or at least recoil when hit), and they're entirely vulnerable to blunt trauma, bullets, decapitation, explosions, flame, etc. They would not have special abilities there.

Also, note that they aren't slow, but they are weak. Even someone as slight as Rochelle can slam three or four of them away at once. I'd lower their ST (and HP to go with it, since they blow apart easily), but leave Move alone.

Finally, they climb stupidly well. Give them all Climbing at 16+. Even Clinging, really.

Quote:

Hunter
Whats the range on the Jump?
Standing broad jump is around 30 feet, so you'll want Super Jump. A good Versus player can jump up a lot farther with double-jumps and by jumping from high places. You should add Acrobatics and Jumping skills at 16+, and probably tack on the Catfall advantage.

Quote:

Smoker
Last game I used Quick Contest of Strength with margin of victory moving the looser in the winner's desired direction. Is there a RAW way to handle this tug of war?
Use the rules for a lariat on p. B411. Target the neck. The primary difference is that the lariat is a tongue, not a rope! I'd give the smoker ST useful only with this attack (via Accessibility); he always wins Contests of ST with survivors, yet does pathetic claw damage up close. Clearly, he isn't strong overall.

Quote:

Boomer
We had a thread about this somewhere already. My search fu is failing me. It would be simple enough to treat it as an Affliction that grants Enemy, or simply a horrid way to use Allies with Summonable

Quote:

Jockey
Not sure how to model the 'steering' ability or what mechanics to apply.
It isn't wrestling. How would wrestling explain forcing someone to walk, even if he wants to stand still, whilst controlling only his head and neck by sitting on his shoulders? I'd call it Mind Control with a big limitation, like "Only to control movement."
Kromm is offline   Reply With Quote