View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
Rudkin

Default Annihilation and Wandering Monster

This weekend I was playing a game of Munchkin (with Unnatural Axe). I faced off against a monster with a high quantity of treasures and used a Potion of Disbelief on it. Next, someone played a Wandering Monster and the Jabberwock (doubly-good since I was a Dwarf Wizard...).

To save my bacon, I used Annihilation on the Jabberwock, removing it from the game. I claimed that, since I had defeated all remaining monsters (after all, it was as if the Jabberwock was never played), that I would get the treasure from the first monster. The other players didn't feel this was quite right.

The problem was that there was still a floating Wandering Monster card in play. I let them play another monster with it (I'm nice that way). I ended up having to Run Away and lost my chance at the treasure. Ah well.

~~~~~~
The question remains, however: What should we have done?

If a monster in Annihilated, but Wandering Monster remains, do you just discard Wandering Monster, or can a new monster be played? What if I Annihilated the Wandering Monster?

In either case, would the extra card be returned to the player's hand or discarded?
Rudkin is offline   Reply With Quote