View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #18
Harald387

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy Races - 25 point templates

Quote:
While it is simple enough to just say the Elf-Wizard has Magery 3, that leaves [5] spare points floating about.
I've already found points 'floating around' in many of the templates; several have both Esoteric Medicine and points spent on First Aid, for instance, and in some cases selecting certain skill combinations results in buying up skills from an improved default (Rapier and Main-gauche on a Swashbuckler, for instance) which 'frees up' some points. I tend to think of the templates more as guidelines than actual rules as a result (with thanks to Captain Barbossa).

The swashbuckler I've built for the DF game being run here, for example, upgraded Weapon Master to 2-weapon (rapier + main-gauche) and made a few other minor changes not included in the template but which suit my personal playstyle.

That said, I really would have aimed for 20 points instead of 25 on racial templates for DF; Kromm's noted that it's likely to be the way he goes about it when it becomes official, and some templates just don't have 25 points to throw around.
Harald387 is offline   Reply With Quote