View Single Post
Old 02-15-2016, 08:09 AM   #36
Magesmiley

Default Re: Combat Garage Update - Problems ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Well I've just about got the hang of CG - depending on phone signal & trying to save designs the disappear into the ether ...
We've noticed a number more problems :
Quote:
1. Extra Power Cells : on smaller PPs ( 1 Space ) at least , they seem to take up only 1/10 of a Space ! Following the rules as written , each sets Spaces should be rounded up to 1 Space . I'd be quite happy if this was rounded up to next ½ Space on Cycles , but as CG plans it , it's open to extreme abuse ! I managed to get 33 EPCs on a Heavy Cycle & have got up to 38 EPCs on a Light Trike before running out of weight allowance !!! 8-|
I no longer have ADQ 6/3 or Uncle Albert's '89 ( both stolen ) to check original wordings , but I'm sure this wasn't the intent for this item ?
I checked against UACFH, and you do seem to be correct on this - they should get rounded up for spaces and DP for each instance that you purchase.

Quote:
2. If using UACFH rules set in CG , the Large Mini Safe has only 2 internal spaces - in Printed version on UACFH ( at least - I've not got access to PDF version ) this was increased to 3 internal Spaces after feedback via ADQ . It was still listed as 2 spaces in last printed CWC , so it's a minor oversight I think ? Price in UACFH has also dropped to $600 - it's still $700 in CG .
Yeah, looks like another item to update.

Quote:
3. I may start a thread on this , as there is huge ambiguity in wording of the written rules , but Reversed Trikes Bodies/Frames +50% cost also increases cost of Chassis type AND Suspension costs as well , in your calculations . Different places ( Combat Showcase , VG 2 , VG 3 etc ) & at different times all give different interpretations when you back engineer them . Increasing these costs too is unfair on Rev Trike users - for example :

A Sub with X-Hvy Chassis & Hvy Suspension costs $1,050 for basic body & gets a HC of 4 .
A Reverse Light Trike with X-Hvy Chassis & Hvy Suspension costs $1,500 under those rules , and only gets a HC of 3 !
Okay the Trike is lighter with better powerplant options , but add in a CA Frame & the costs go through the roof - and that's rather silly ...
An X-Hvy Reverse Trike under these rules , with Hvy Suspension & X-Hvy Chassis costs $3,300 - a Pick-up with the mods same costs $3,150 .
The wording in UACFH states that the BODY costs +50% more - as opposed to CWC2 wording of the CHASSIS costs +50% more ! We've interpretated this so that only the body costs 50% more - the Light Trike in my above example would then cost $1,125 , which is much more reasonable .

Still it is a good tool & keep up the tweaking & improving :-)
Changes to the cost of the body do affect the accessories and selections that are based off it. Using the old designs to reverse engineer this can be problematic, as there are often accounting errors in the older designs, as well as some editing discrepancies too.

As far as cars vs. trikes. Not every situation is ideal for every combination of options. Try looking at the cost in your examples if you're planning an off-road vehicle. I think that you'll find that they do quite a bit better there. And that is the place where trikes (including reverse ones) really shine, cost-wise.

Personally, I wouldn't run a reversed light trike against a subcompact in a regular (on-road) battle because those options provide a poor return on cost for that. However I would (and have) run a (non-reversed) light trike against a subcompact in low budget duels - there are some advantages to doing so, particularly in spaces.

Again, remember that many choices are best used in niches and that while you can utilize them in others, they may not be the most effective choice.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote