View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 12:00 AM   #9
Skarg

Default Re: Cardboard Heroes Bundle

I suppose the player who wants both TFT's ability to twist in the saddle to fight, and a literal representation using miniatures, and who are not satisfied with a flat horse counter augmented by their imaginations, will find it up to them to find or engineer a solution that satisfies them visually.

(I prefer flat counters anyway, so I feel no reason to spend time web searching, but I know there are quite a few interesting cardboard print & build creature models available online. When I was a kid I had some plastic toy cowboys with independent parts for legs and torsos, which could bend left and right. I imagine somewhere they made them for knghts, too. I once played TFT with plasticine figures I molded myself, which would work to bend at the waist... but I didn't make horses...)

I've played RPG campaigns that made good use of horses, and found it can add a lot of interesting elements to play. The typical problems that keeps them being ubiquitous are that they tend to have their own sets of problems and advantages that are quite different from characters who lack horses and/or don't even know how to ride one. People with horses sometimes ditch people without them, and vice versa. And various other issues, which can be quite interesting, but can also be seen as issues depending on the players, GM, and game situation. The tactical situations are pretty different too, and in a mapped tactical game like TFT, they start to want you to have a rather large map if you're going to do justice to the mobility they should have.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote