View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #695
tbeard1999

Default Re: All talents get more levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick_Smith View Post
The main advantage of ST 0 = Totally Dead, is that it is easy to write in a 24 page, micro game rule booklet. However, in a full sized rpg, I hardly think that easy death is a goal to aim for.
Warm regards, Rick.
Agreed. One thing I always liked about classic Traveller was how injury worked. There are 3 physical attributes, on a 2d6 scale (but mods can get them each as high as 15). Damage is taken from the physical attributes. When one is at zero, the character is unconscious but lightly wounded. When two are at zero, the character is unconscious and seriously wounded. When all three are at zero, the character is dead. Damage is applied in single die increments. However, the first time a character is wounded all damage is done to one attribute. Since guns typically do about 3d damage, this meant that there’s a decent chance that you’d be knocked out. This enhanced the drama a lot in my opinion. I don’t advocate this system for TFT; it’s just a great example of a system where being knocked out is comparatively easy.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote