View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #678
Rick_Smith

Default Two simple ways to get more talents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea View Post
Everyone has been talking about ways to get more talents, adjusting some of the talents make sense. ...

I would want to go with a KISS approach, so that knocks out mIQ and Rick's Superscripts these work but they aren't my cup o'tea. If we were to do something like give one 2 Pt talent for free, up to the beginning character's IQ. In other words a 10 IQ character would have 12 pts to play with. He wouldn't have to use all his IQ either I often save points for when I get another IQ point. ...

Is this perfect? No of course not. Though it does allow for additional talents without having to rewrite most of the rules.
Hi Bayarea, everyone.
My system works well in my campaign, and in the campaigns by people using my rules, but I can't see Steve using it in the new TFT.

What I suggested was simply reduce the cost of most talents. That is as simple as it gets. New players look up Mimic and instead of it costing 3 mIQ, it costs 1. Instead of Knife costing 1 mIQ, it costs 1/2. No new rules or anything to remember at all.

Alternately, change the talents to be an INCLUDES relationship rather than a REQUIRES relationship. So right now you have to buy thief and then buy Master Thief (Master Thief REQUIRES you to already have Thief). You could make it that Thief costs 2 mIQ, but Master Thief costs 3 mIQ, but INCLUDES Thief for free. So spending 3 mIQ (and having a 12+ IQ) would give you both talents.

Right now there is a very simple relationship: if you have 12 IQ then you get 12 memory to go with it. I would rather take one of the above two systems, than require people to remember that if you have a 12 IQ, then you have 14 mIQ.

Warm regards, Rick

Last edited by Rick_Smith; 03-08-2018 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Fixed grammar.
Rick_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote