Thread: Player List
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 11:06 PM   #6
David Bofinger

Default Re: Player List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
People who want to meet up with other local TFT fans are encouraged to use the Gamer Finder forum right here.
I don't think this is a substitute for a player list. Of the thousands of players who backed the kickstarter, probably only a handful regularly check that list. There are hundreds of views on some posts, but that's spread over all SJG games. And that's perfectly reasonable because checking fora takes time and we all have lives.

But if a Kickstarter update were to say, "We encourage you to sign up to this player finder web site" (whether a SJG web site or third party one) "and register an interest in TFT," then I could just leave that entry and forget about it. If three years from now someone in my neighbourhood is starting a game they can call.

I think it would be a great way to promote TFT. I'm really surprised it isn't happening, for all SJG games, but especially for TFT because the Kickstarter updates catch people's attention.

Alternately you could encourage thousands of people to post, "I live here and I'm interested in TFT," to the forum. This would flood the forum and make it machine searchable only. But it's greatly inferior solution compared with a proper player finder, with a map.
David Bofinger is offline   Reply With Quote