View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 10:42 PM   #431
tshiggins

Default Re: Campaign: Facets

(...continued)

However, that assumption proved misguided as, about four hours later, the [i]Paradise emerged from the last tatters of the storm, and Steven saw a huge patch of floating vegetation dead ahead. He quickly threw the throttles into reverse, but it was too late.

The airship plowed deeply into a thick patch of floating vegetation that sent leaves and branches through the lattice barrier and blocked the helm's visibility in all directions.

Steven quickly cut the throttles and the patched-together dirigible crunched to a stop. Off in distance, the group heard the chatter and clicks of a rapidly-approaching hoard of bugs.

With that, the session came to an end.

##

Funny Quotes

(Amanda begins to sell her qualifications to A.J.)
Beatrice: She just wants money.

Bennie Rae (OOC): I love you, mommy, but my character is suspicious of everything and everyone.
Char (OOC): I love you too, Boo, but that’s probably a good thing.

Aurelia: Why is Frank in charge of the new chick?
A.J.: Because he’s Security.
Aurelia: Why is [i]he[/] Security? He likes to shoot things!
A.J.: That’s why he’s Security!

Bennie Rae (OOC): Don’t make me kill my mother, today. That would not be cool.
Bernetta (OOC): I’ll do it!

Frank: This is the quickest bad idea we’ve ever had. We’re 95 mph out of the gate!
Henrietta: Oh, we’ve had lots of those!

Steve: Hi! Who are you? What are you doing on the ship?

Amanda: Is there hazard pay?
Steve: You should’ve asked about that during the salary negotiations.

Aurelia: As long as she doesn’t screw us over, we should pay her.
A.J.: Exactly!

(Claudia rattles down the inside of the safety ladder, accumulating a nice collection of painful bumps, bruises, four broken fingers and a dislocate left shoulder.)
Beatrice: We should put one of those monkey-harnesses on her, like she was a little kid!

##
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote