View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 04:28 PM   #726
Dave Crowell

Default Re: The Fantasy Trip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLV View Post
I want to add another point about the art:

Fully illustrated bestiary!!!! An absolute MUST.

Even if it's not "fully" illustrated, I for one would really like the oddball monsters to be illustrated. Most of us have a clue what a giant spider looks like, and there are plenty of zombie tropes out there for things like that; but some nice evocative pictures of the strange "named" monsters would be extremely helpful, as well as pictures of the less well-known standard monsters. The Dungeon Fantasy bestiary was extremely weak in illustrations, and it made it far less useful to me as a DM (or even as a player) than it could have been. I want to be able to describe what the characters are seeing, as opposed to merely "naming" it; "You see shambling, corpse-like creature, dripping gobs of rotting flesh and other nameless bits of putrefaction lurching towards you;" not, "it's a Zombie." Without artwork for the things I have no familiarity with, that's very difficult to do well.
I will take this a step further. I would like to see counters (or Cardboard Heroes, or whatever the final game ends up using) for all the various creatures in the bestiary. Especially the ones that are unique to Cidri/TFT. Even more than illustrations in the rulebook I think these would be invaluable in actual tabletop play.
Dave Crowell is offline   Reply With Quote