View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 09:51 AM   #75
The_Ryujin

Default Re: GURB- The Generic Unoriginal Roleplaying Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Cat View Post
Ah, I was going off the SM rules from Characters. That detail was glossed over there. I think SM -12 makes sense for thrusting attacks where you are trying to stab the cable. SM -2 seems more realistic for swinging attacks. I'm tempted to use SM -12 but apply a +10 TDM for swinging at the cable in melee combat.
Yeah, it's an easy thing to miss. Given it's location most people would figure it's just realliterating things they already know and just gloss over it not thinking it has new information. Doing what I do has kinda forced me to go over the rules with a fine tooth comb but even with that there are still things I know I've probably glossed over or misinterpreted.

I do like your solution though, a little more paper work but worth it for situations like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Cat View Post
As to the armored power cable, I don't think it would be necessary if the cable has SM -12. Most combatants just wouldn't be able to hit the cable at that penalty. On the other hand, it only increases the cost by about $40 to $60. At TL 8+, anyone who could afford the Force Zweihänder could trivially afford the armored power cord.
This was just me covering all the base since Kalzazz made a request for them. I chose to cover from TL8+ since I wanted my power cord rules to be independent of my Force Sword rules and be GP rules that could be used any time you need to worry about connecting high power sources to equipment.

Normies: Man! The government is filled with liars and thieves! Me: Well yeah, here's what they're lying about, what they're stealing from you, and who's doing it. Normies: Rolls eyes Shut up conspiracy theorist Me: >.>
The_Ryujin is offline   Reply With Quote